This user Agreement (“Agreement”) is a contract between you and Texas Medical Jurisprudence, TMJ, and applies to your subscription to and use of products, services, materials, and other content available through www.texasmedicaljurisprudence.com (collectively the content and licensed materials). Texas Medical Jurisprudence is a branch of You Ace Group, LLC.
If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, please do not use or access the licensed materials, and please exit the Texas Medical Jurisprudence website immediately.
You must read, agree to, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement before becoming a member and using the subscription-based resources and/or services.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Agreement, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “You” and “Your” refers to you, or entity subscribing to and/or using the services and materials of this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “Texas Medical Jurisprudence”, “Ourselves”, “We” “Us”, and “TMJ” refers to Texas Medical Jurisprudence (You Ace Group, LLC. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING USE, CONDITIONS, AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBSCRIBING AND/OR USING THE TMJ. SERVICES AND MATERIALS.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on our websites. All amendments will automatically be effective immediately after they are initially posted on our websites. Your continued use of the Services following the effective date of any amendment constitutes your acceptance of the amendment.
In consideration of and subject to your payment of the appropriate subscription fee for the services, materials, and resources you subscribe to, and your agreement to and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, TMJ grants to you a non-sub-licensable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, and limited right to use and access TMJ content (the “Licensed Materials”), from multiple computers, and locations at different times.
Access to Licensed Materials:
You shall be allowed to use the licensed materials for the specific service(s) and product(s) to which you have subscribed. Each product has its own subscription fees and duration. You are not allowed to access the content of products and materials that you have not subscribed to.
The licensed materials, including all intellectual property rights within the licensed materials (such as copyright) are the sole and exclusive property of TMJ. By indicating that you accept these terms, you do not become the owner of the licensed materials, but are entitled to use them according to the terms of this agreement.
Accessing the TMJ content (“the licensed materials”) by disabling scripting Internet options is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. You are expressly prohibited from copying (e.g. copy-paste operation, print-screen, or any other types of copying), printing, or modifying any parts or all of the licensed materials of TMJ
All content on the website, as well as the selection, presentation, and arrangement of said content, are Copyright© of TMJ. All rights are reserved by TMJ. All such copyrights are fully protected under the United States Copyright Act and international copyright law.
All content on the site is protected by copyright. Some of the images contained in this website were purchased from Dollar Photo Club.
Restriction Against Transfer:
You are not allowed to sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer your right to use the Licensed Materials. In the event that TMJ believes at its sole and absolute discretion that an account is being used by multiple users at the same time, TMJ reserves the right to terminate that account and your access to the TMJ content without any notice or refund. TMJ retains the right to sue on grounds of breach of contract and copyright. All content on the site is protected by copyright.
System and Browser Requirements:
You must use TMJ recommended operating systems and web browsers; Mac and Windows operating systems with Internet Explorer 8.0 | Firefox 7.0 | Safari 5.0, with Adobe Flash 10, a minimum monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, and a broadband Internet connection. TMJ do not support other operating systems, and browsers such as Linux and Opera at this time.
At the sole discretion of TMJ no refunds, cancellations, or changes to subscriptions will be permitted. TMJ reserves the right to refuse a refund if the user is found to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions or acting against TMJ’s interest.
Account, Password and Security:
You must complete the full TMJ registration process in order to subscribe to and use the services and licensed materials by providing us with current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the registration form. You are responsible for the accuracy of the data provided and you may update your profile to reflect the most current and accurate information. You will choose a username and password in the registration form. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and for all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify TMJ immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. In the event that someone else is using your account, you may be held liable for losses incurred by TMJ or any other parties. TMJ will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account or password, either with or without your knowledge.
The license granted to you under this Agreement includes the right to use and access the licensed materials for the product(s) which you have subscribed to for the subscription period you initially choose. At the end of this period, your right to use and access the licensed materials will expire automatically, unless your subscription is renewed. This Agreement and your subscription to use the licensed materials are also subject to termination by TMJ, at its sole and absolute discretion, in the event that you breach any part of this Agreement.
You are expressly prohibited from copying (such as print-screen, copy-paste or any other method), recording, downloading, printing, transmitting, broadcasting, disseminating, reverse engineering and/or modifying any or all of the licensed materials, website content and websites format in whole or in part. Under no circumstances may any part of the licensed materials be copied for resale, reuse or other commercial use, or offered for sale or reproduced on any bulletin boards, web sites, discussion forums, internet domains, or online chat rooms. You may not use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on the website. You may not disclose or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose.
In the event that you breach any part of this Agreement, we will immediately terminate the account, the Agreement, and the access to the licensed materials, under our sole and absolute discretion, without refund.
TMJ reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such breaches.
DMCA and Copyright Infringement:
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), TMJ encourages all copyright infringement claims to be made in writing. Any registered user or visitor to the TMJ websites who believes they are a victim of copyright infringement should notify the TMJ immediately. If you are the copyright owner or an acting agent of the copyright owner, please provide TMJ with the following information:
- The description of the probable copyright infringing material(s)
- Any information that can assist TMJ to properly pinpoint the information, including: infringer’s user ID, URL of the page, date of posting, etc.
- Detailed contact information, including your full name, address, e-mail, and telephone number
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Send written communication to:
Or email: TMJ@usmleace.com
TMJ PROVIDES THE RESOURCES AND LICENSED MATERIALS “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT
- TMJ does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or other statements made through the website by any party other than TMJ
- Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstance will TMJ be liable for any loss or damage caused by a User’s reliance on content obtained through the websites, including but not limited to opinions, advice, information, or other content. It is the responsibility of the User to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, or other content available through the website. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice, or other content.
- The case studies, licensed materials, and website content provided by TMJ are no substitute for individual patient assessment based upon the healthcare provider’s examination of each patient and consideration of laboratory data and other factors unique to the patient.
- The information provided by TMJ is the sole property of TMJ and should be used only as a tool to assist students in preparing for the Texas Medical Jurisprudence exams and for no other purpose or use. In any circumstances, TMJ does not make any representation whatsoever regarding the outcome of any exams.
- TMJ will use reasonable efforts to rectify any errors that occur on the website but does not guarantee access to the website in the event of server errors, viruses, or other natural or technical catastrophes that cannot be repaired in spite of a reasonable effort. We will not be liable if, for any reason, this website is unavailable at any time or for any period
- TMJ will use reasonable efforts to keep its website online at all times. The User understands, however, that scheduled maintenance and problems out of the control of TMJ can cause the website to be temporarily unavailable.
Limitation of liability:
TMJ specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the TMJ websites, this Agreement, and/or the Licensed Materials, and web content, even if TMJ has been advised of the possibility of such damages including liability associated with any medical malpractice or viruses that may infect a User’s computer equipment. TMJ maximum liability arising out of or in connection with your use of the Licensed Materials, and the website, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty, or otherwise), will not exceed your subscription fee.
The Services enable Members to post Content to the Site (i.e., “your Content”). We disclaim all copyrights to, ownership rights to, responsibility for, and liability for your Content. Each item of Content is the exclusive responsibility of the Member who posted or uploaded it. TMJ is under no obligation to review any messages, information, or content (“Postings”) posted on the website by Users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings Please use caution and common sense when viewing such Content